1. fun. “We Are Young” We got a thousand reasons why We Are Young is our Song of the Year, here are some: 1. Everyone can sing it. 2. Everyone has been singing it. 3. Everyone has been singing it on the shower. On the car. At the bedroom. At the attic. Come on. 4. … Continue reading
2. Maroon 5 x Wiz Khalifa “Payphone” (pop song of the year) “One More F**king love song, I’ll Be Sick.” The most jaded song this year sang by probably a million people around the world is our pop song of the year. Maroon 5 and Wiz Khalifa really made a big hit on this … Continue reading
3. Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin “Don’t You Worry Child” (EDM of the year) They came. They raved. They Loved. Consider this their last, best effort before the trio resides over Splitsville soon. We will definitely miss this massive collaborative project of Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso known to the world as Swedish … Continue reading
In 2012, we saw Anne Hathaway donning a catsuit, and Channing Tatum on his, err, birthday suit. Superheroes, James Bond, vampires and a teddy bear made your year. Here’s our official selection of the best movies of the closing year. Let the Hunger Games begin! THE BOURNE LEGACY CHRONICLE THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN … Continue reading
4. Calvin Harris x Florence Welch “Sweet Nothing” (best collaboration) Calvin Harris might have collaborated with a handful of artists this year, but his match-up with Florence Welch (sans her machine) is the ultimate collaboration of 2012. The product of their awesome combo, Sweet Nothing has been played on our players for like, a thousand … Continue reading
5. Frank Ocean “Thinking About You” (RnB song of the year) Undoubtedly the best RnB album of 2012, Channel Orange is. Listening to Thinking About You makes us think that yes, there is hope for RnB in 2013. More Frank Ocean please!